Recently a Cobb County school bus was hit by a truck after school was dismissed. The truck kept going without stopping to leave information. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the hit and run accident occurred on Mars Hill Road.
Students were on the bus but no one suffered injuries. Officer Joseph Hernandez from the Cobb police said that the truck driver just kept going and driving on after hitting the bus. The truck was carrying pine straw. Unfortunately no one was able to get a tag number from the truck or a good description of the driver.
It happened right in front of Frey Elementary School near Acworth in the afternoon.
Do you know what to do if you are involved in a car accident?
There are several things you should do if you are in a car accident:
- First and foremost, if anyone needs emergency medical attention, call 911.
- Call the police. When the officer arrives, he/she will know exactly what to do. They will gather information from all the drivers involved and witnesses.
- Do not forget to gather the other driver’s information yourself, including contact information, VIN numbers, license plate number, and insurance information.
- It is also highly recommended that if you have a camera, you should take pictures of the accident scene and of the cars involved. Take pictures of skid marks and any other part of the accident scene. You also want to take pictures of bruises or marks that were a result of the car accident.
- If you have an injury from the car accident, you should see a doctor immediately. Car accidents can result in extremely serious injuries. Some injuries do not become apparent until after the event. This is why it is crucial to seek a medical exam after an injury from a car accident to ensure you are okay no matter how small.
- Do not admit fault. In some circumstances, you may be tempted to admit fault without knowing all the facts surrounding the accident.
- Do not sign any papers without understanding what you are signing.
- When talking to insurance companies, use caution. They are trained professionals and are not working for you. You may want to contact our Georgia Accident Lawyers to help protect your interests, especially when insurance companies may be unfair or unreasonable.
- Make sure to obtain and save all your receipts from the expenses you incurred as a result of the car accident.
- Do not discuss the case with anyone except your doctor or your lawyer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our one of our attorneys to see how they can help.
Share us on